Apple Store has highlighted $2.99 Pixel Cup Soccer 16 game as ‘Free App of
the Week’ on App Store. That means you can download and enjoy this $2.99
worth retro soccer game at no charge this week. If you miss to download it now, you
will be charged as a regular price of $2.99. So hurry up and grab this game without
having to pay a penny. This is valid till next Thursday. Once you download
this app, you can use it forever for free.
Soccer 16 is a casual retro style soccer game, a great evolution from the first
edition. It’s a dynamic arcade game with a fast paced gameplay, just the fun
part of soccer! The game has great pixel art graphics like the games from the
90’s, evoking nostalgia! with 3 game modes: Friendly, competition and PKs.
of the game in action:
Store Editors’ Notes:
Soccer 16 is a fully retro, fully refreshing take on soccer. We absolutely love
the animation and old-school blips and bloops. While taking on the AI
proves a worthwhile challenge, scorching our friends in Party Mode is our
favorite way to play.
- Universal Purchase: buy one, play on iOS and Apple TV.
- Play with your favorite MFi game controllers.
- Simplified controls for casual players. Only Shoots, Passes and Tackles.
- Simple to pick up and enjoy, with a clean and challenging gameplay.
- A very dynamic gameplay. No foul and no free kicks, just the fun part of the
- Retro style pixel art resembling old games and evoking nostalgia.
- Party modes: Play with your friends in different game modes (iPad & Apple
- Deeper gameplay: short pass, long pass, etc., aiming when shooting, controled
shoot or lobs, etc. (all this depending on the context).
- Lots of Animations (overhead kick, scorpion kick, scissors kick, diving header,
- Women’s Soccer.
- 18 stadiums, full of animated fans!
- Revamped AI. This implementation was made from scratch and it allows us to
create teams with very different game playing styles (ie: Catenaccio from Italy
or Tiki-Taka like Barcelona FC).
- Tons of effects of retro style games / CRT shader.
- Many leagues and playing modes.
designed for both iPhone and iPad and is compatible with iOS 7.0 or later.