Apple has now officially released iOS 10.3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch which brings several new feature along with bug fixes, improvements and security enhancements.
Along with that Apple releases macOS Sierra 10.12.4 & watchOS 3.2.
iOS 10.3 is a major update yet which include several feature like new floating one-handed keyboard and iOS 10.3 has switches to the iPhone’s file system from HFS+ to APFS along with many changes as below;
- The Find My iPhone app now includes Find My AirPods
- Reduced Motion is now supported in Safari for web apps
- SiriKit now includes the ability to support paying bills, schedule future ride-hailing rides, and check the status of payments.
- CarPlay now has a dedicated shortcut to launch recently used apps
- CarPlay will now show EV charging locations
- Navigation improvements have arrived for conversations in the Mail app
- HomeKit now supports expanded switch accessories
- New 3D Touch Weather actions
- Spotlight Search now has a border
- The Podcasts app now officially has a widget similar to the Music app
- There’s a new user security section in Settings
- 32-bit app alert – The alert that warns customers legacy 32-bit apps will not work with future versions of iOS now includes a “Learn More” button.
- Three UK WiFi Calling -WiFi calling was enable by British Carrier and with today’s beta 2 update, the feature is now available for users running iOS 10.3.
- The third beta version of iOS 10.3 brings a new App Compatibility section, which can be found in Settings → General → About → Applications, where legacy 32-bit apps are named and shamed. That is 32-bit app may slow down 64-bit devices and notes they won’t work with future versions of iOS if they are not updated.
- Find My iPhone
- Find My iPhone now supports Location and Play Sound for AirPods.
- • Location and Play Sound should now work as expected.
- • Play Sound emits a noise from the AirPods that reaches a high volume after a few seconds. Please remove both AirPods from your ears before testing this feature.
- iCloud Analytics
- During setup, users should no longer reach the “iCloud Analytics” page if they have not yet signed in.
- iCloud Backup
- Nightly backups should no longer fail with the error message “Some files were unavailable during the last backup.”
- LAN Asset Cache
- LAN Asset Cache functionality should now work as expected.
- Lightning Video Adapters
- Lightning video adapters should now work as expected.
- Managed and Shared Devices
- On managed devices, users should no longer be able to override the current iCloud Document Sync setting.
- Shared iPad settings should now work as expected.
- Xcode Simulator
- The legacy iCloud button in Settings has been removed. iCloud settings are now available
- within the new Apple ID settings pane.
- Scrolling in the Today View should no longer crash.
- Attempting to enable iCloud Drive through the iCloud Drive app before the user is signed into iCloud should no longer cause Settings to crash.
iOS 10.3 is available via an over-the-air update or through iTunes for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You can update by navigating to Settings app > General > Software Update > Install or through iTunes by connecting your device directly and manually.