It is not an external flash like in rear camera flash. iOS 11 selfie flash is the screenshot light and gives a bright light while taking pictures in Selfie mode.
So if you are on iOS 11, 10 or even 9 and want front flash while taking Selfie Photo in a low-light area, then you can enable the built in flash feature and snap a photo in a beautiful way.
Besides that, you can also set front flash in iOS 11 to auto while taking selfie so that your iPhone/iPad camera decides automatically according to the condition of light. But sometimes you won’t get the actual pictures when your iPhone camera is in auto flash in Selfie mode. So, enabling front Selfie flash to auto setting is not good as always. You can enable or disable front flash in iOS 11 anytime you want.
How to Enable Selfie Flash in iOS 11 on iPhone
Here’s how to enable and disable flash in Selfie mode in iOS 11 while taking pictures on iPhone/iPad.
- Open the Camera app from the Homescreen, Lockscreen or Control Center as you like.
- Or If you have a 3D enabled iPhones like iPhone 6S and above, you can directly go to selfie mode by 3D Touching the Camera app.
- Now tap on the camera icon in the lower right corner to enable the front-facing camera in iOS 11 or tap on the camera icon in the top right corner to enable front facing camera or selfie camera if you are on iOS 11 or below.
- Tap the lightning bolt icon in the upper left corner.
- After tapping, it will shows up three option with Auto, On, or Off.
- Tap On to enable flash on Selfie & tap Off to disable selfie flash.
- Tap Auto, to enable/disable automatically when the selfie flash mode is needed.