Recently, Security researcher Ian Beer announced that he will be releasing the jailbreak for iOS 11.1.2 or lower. But you might have updated your iPhone to the latest version to iOS 11.2 intentionally or accidently. So, can I downgrade to iOS 11.1.2? Yes! you can downgrade your iPhone or iPad to iOS 11.1.2 or lower with Prometheus tool or TSS Saver online since Apple is still signing the window of firmware and Apple allows for limited time.
SHSH blobs is saved for downgrading purpose if you aren’t satisfied with the current version of iOS or want to jailbreak your iOS devices.
What would I do if Apple Stops Signing the iOS 11.1.2 or lower firmware?
It is always good to save SHSH blobs for downgrading your iPhone/iPad at any time even when Apple Stops Signing the window of any version. But make sure to save the SHSH blobs for iOS 11.1.2 before Apple closes the window.
You can enjoy the upgraded version of iOS 11.2 and downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 anytime with the saved SHSH blobs to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad when released. So be prepared saving the SHSH blobs for future jailbreak.
How to downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 with SHSH blobs
With SHSH blobs saved with Prometheus tool, you can easily downgrade to preferred version of iOS at any time you want. So, go ahead and use the TSS Saver online tool to save the SHSH blobs for iPhone or iPad. For this, you need the ECID and Device Identifier of your iPhone or iPad.
How to Get ECID number?
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to iTunes via Desktop or Laptop
- Click on Device & Summary
- In the Summary tab, click on the Serial Number for 2-3 times
- You will then see the ECID.
- You may need to convert the HEX ECID to decimal from here
- Next right click on it and copy it to the Clipboard or save it to the notepad
How to Get Device Identifier
Same as above process, click on the Serial number and will see the Model Identifier
How to Save SHSH blobs for iOS 11.1.2 or lower
Simply follow these steps to save SHSH blobs before Apple stops the signed iOS 11.1.2 firmware file.
- Launch the TSS Saver link from here
- After that, paste the ECID number
- Select your iPhone or iPad
- Now, enter your device’s identifier and click Submit.
After submitting, it will give the saved SHSH2 blobs and will let you downgrading your iPhone or iPad to iOS 11.1.2 or any version or for jailbreak if released.