A piece of very good news for iPhone XS, iPhone XR and iPhone XS Max owner who were eagerly waiting for the Jailbreak. The Electra team is out with Chimera Jailbreak which can be used these latest devices including the new iPad Pro with a Face ID.
The Unc0ver Jailbreak released a couple of months ago did not have support for A12X devices like iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and the latest iPad Pro. But with Chimera, you will be able to finally Jailbreak these devices without any hassle. If you have these devices running iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 then all you need to do is sideload the Chimera app and start Jailbreaking the device. We will get into that topic later.
What is Chimera Jailbreak
Chimera Jailbreak is a new kind of Jailbreak that does not include Cydia but it comes with a modern package manager Sileo which has a very nice interface like an App Store with a very intuitive UI. With Sileo, it’s even easier to install the packages very stable which ensures there will be no battery drain issues, freezing, crashing and any issues whatsoever.
Chimera is the first true iOS 12 jailbreaks to not only feature a CoreTrust bypass so that binaries don’t need to be resigned, but to also support A12 devices, including iPhone Xs, iPhone XR, and the newest iPads. Chimera doesn’t tamper with user files, making it safer than alternatives.
Chimera Jailbreak is a Semi-tethered Jailbreak just like Unc0ver meaning if your device reboots then you will have to re-jailbreak it.
Unlike Unc0ver, you will have to sideload the Chimera IPA using Cydia Impactor. There is no option to directly download using iPhone’s or iPad’s Safari browser as you’d do with Unc0ver.
What is Sileo
Sileo is an advanced version and alternative to Cydia that you will see on the home screen of your iOS device after you Jailbreak using Chimera app. Sileo is the place where you will find all the tweaks and its updates. In simple words, just you would find Cydia after you Jailbreak using Unc0ver, you will now find Sileo when you Jailbreak using Chimera!
iOS version that supports Chimera iOS 12 Jailbreak
Not all iOS versions can be Jailbroken using Chimera. If you are running the following iOS versions then you are good to go!
- iOS 12.0
- iOS 12.0.1
- iOS 12.1
- iOS 12.1.1
- iOS 12.1.2
List of iPhone and iPad that supports Chimera Jailbreak
Basically, all the devices that support iOS 12 can be Jailbroken with Chimera Jailbreak
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad 6th generation (2018)
- iPad 5th generation (2017)
- iPad Air 3
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini 5
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
How to Jailbreak iPhone & iPad Using Chimera Jailbreak
Here is how to jailbreak iOS 12.1.2-12 using Chimera Jailbreak. First of all, you need to do is inject the Chimera app onto your iOS device and then Jailbreak using it. To get the Chimera app on your device, you need a computer, Cydia Impactor and Chimera IPA file.
Don’t worry it is not difficult as it sounds. Just follow the steps that I am going to write here and you will successfully Jailbreak your device. Good luck!
Make sure you backup your device first so you don’t have to lose any files in case the Jailbreak fails.
- Download the Chimera IPA file on your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor, extract it and launch it on your computer
- Now Connect your iPhone or iPad using a Lightning USB cable. After you plug in the device, Cydia Impactor should recognize the device
- Simply, drag the downloaded Chimera ipa file to the Cydia Impactor as in the screenshot
- Next, when prompted, Sign in with your Apple ID and Password
- It will now side-load the Chimera Jailbreak app on your iOS device’s home screen.
- Once installed, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management to trust the Chimera Jailbreak profile.
- Now you have the Chimera app on your iOS device. This is the app you will need to Jailbreak your device and get Sileo. Here are a few more steps on how to fully Jailbreak your iPhone.
How To Jailbreak iOS Devices Using Chimera Jailbreak and Get Sileo
Before jailbreaking your device with Chimera, make sure you turn on the airplane mode, disable the Passcode, Touch ID or Face ID.
- Launch the Chimera app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap the Jailbreak icon
- Wait and keep patience as it will take time to Jailbreak your device. After the Jailbreaking process completes, your device will restart automatically
- Once the device restarts, you will see the Sileo app on your Home Screen
- Congratulations! You have successfully Jailbroke your device. It’s simple, isn’t it?
Chimera Jailbreak is more stable than the Unc0ver Jailbreak with better UI and functionality. If your device is already Jailbroken using Unc0ver Jailbreak then you can still replace it with Chimera Jailbreak.
How to Replace Unc0ver with Chimera Jailbreak On iPhone & iPad
If you are unsatisfied like me with Unc0ver Jailbreak then you can overwrite the Jailbreak with Chimera. Unc0ver Jailbreak keeps on crashing and getting it installed on the iPhone never happens.
To replace Unc0ver with Chimera, all you need to do is follow all the steps that are mentioned above like sideloading the Chimera IPA using Cydia Impactor and Jailbreaking using the app itself.
The Chimera Jailbreak is still under construction like Cydia Substitute is yet to be updated for A12-A12X Bionic devices so do not rush! Wait for couple days until the Jailbreak becomes stable as there are many bugs on this new Jailbreak right now.
So what are your words on Chimera Jailbreak?