If you are also like me who installed iOS 12 Beta 1 and want to go back to iOS 11 then this post is all about downgrading to iOS 11 from iOS 12.
iOS 12 is great! It is fast, full of features but at the same time, full of bugs. Since it is beta, we can not expect stable version of iOS 12 till September. This is the reason why I wanted to go back to iOS 11.
Downgrading was not easy back then. It required lots of effort & risk to do so. But today, you can easily downgrade to older iOS versions by following some simple steps that we will later mention in this post.
But first let’s talk about reason behind downgrading iOS 12 to iOS 11. Why should you downgrade to iOS 11 from iOS 12 Beta 1?
- Lots of Bugs
- Instant battery drainage
- No technical support from Apple
- Can not Jailbreak
- Missing features
- No support from 3rd party apps
You may also have faced any of these issues and want to downgrade to iOS 12 to iOS 11 without losing files then there is a very simple way. For this, you require an ipsw file & an iTunes.
How to Downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11 Without Losing any Files
- Get the Latest version of iTunes
- Get ipswfile for your iOS device
- Connect your iPhone to PC using proper Lightning Cable
- Launch iTunes
- Click your Device name
- While you are in the Summary tab, Hold down Shift Key (on Windows) or Command Key (on Mac) and Click Check for Update
- Select the ipsw file that you had downloaded earlier
- Click Update
- Wait for few minutes till all the process is completed.
Isn’t it easy? This way you will be able to downgrade to iOS 11 from iOS 12 without loosing any of the data available on your iPhone or iPad. If you want to clean restore your iOS device then, Hold Down Shift or Command Key – Click Restore & select the ipsw file. That is all guys!
Keep checking out iMangoss for useful posts like this!