Apple has released iOS 13.1 beta and iPadOS 13 beta to developer testers with the build number 17A5821e. Apple releases this new version just after a days ago after the release of iOS 13 beta 8.
This version is intended exclusively for software developers to test their apps and start adopting the new technologies in iOS. Make sure to back up your device and install only on systems you are prepared to erase if necessary.
iOS 13 comes with lots of bug fixes and improvements along with the new features like Dark Mode in Control Center Toggle, Folder Transparency in Homescreen, Hide Link Previews in Safari, Three Finger Tap for undo, redo, cut, copy and paste and more.
Along with that iOS 13 introduces new features like Dark Mode, new browsing and editing tools for Photos, Sign in With Apple, enhancements to Maps, updates to Reminders, Notes, Messages, Siri, CarPlay, Files, and much more.
What’s new in iOS 13.1 developer beta
● Automations are once again available in the Shortcuts app
● Share ETA is once again available in the Maps app
● You can now properly map right-click on a mouse to 3D Touch or long-press
● HEVC video encoding with alpha channels.
“This will ease green screen style compositing, and possibly enable Spektral-style real-time background removal/editing of backdrops in dual-camera devices,” says @horwitz.
● Voice Processing mode can now be enabled on AVAudioEngine. (50906329)
● New AVAudioNode types can be used to wrap a user-defined block for sending or receiving data in real-time.
● A new method is available for an AVAudioEngine-based app to retrieve a list of all nodes attached to an AVAudioEngine instance.
● A new rendering mode in AVAudioEnvironmentNode selects the best spatial audio rendering algorithm automatically based on the output device.
● A new AVAudioSession property allows system sounds and haptics to play while the session actively uses audio input.
● A new enumeration, AVAudioSession.PromptStyle, informs apps which style of voice prompt they should play based on other audio activity in the system.
● AVAudioSession.RouteSharingPolicy now permits apps to specify route-sharing policies so their audio and video routes to the same location as AirPlay.
● Audio Unit Extensions now support user presets that are available across all host applications
Audio sharing is compatible with AirPods (1st generation or later) and PowerBeats Pro. iPhone 8 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad mini (5th generation), or iPod touch (7th generation or later) is required. (51331268)
AVFoundation now supports encoding video with alpha channels using HEVC. Videos encoded in this manner are broadly supported in AVFoundation APIs, and by Safari within web pages. Technical details of the format can be found in the Interoperability Profile specification. (8045917)
● The init(imageURL:options:) and init(imageData:options:) initializers no longer support RAW version 5 and earlier. Version 6 and later remain supported. (50911303)
● Added new APIs for instantiating and modifying the built-in Core Image filters.
● The CICoreMLModel filter is enhanced to support models with an input or output of type MLFeatureType.multiArray.
● Metal CIKernel instances support arguments with arbitrarily structured data.
● Metal CIKernel instances support returning a group of 2 × 2 pixels.
● The integer values of CIFormat symbols, such as ARGB8, have changed to a new set of values that are consistent across platforms. The former values remain supported for backward compatibility; however, you should avoid dependencies on specific numerical values.
Ignore Blocked Senders can now be enabled in Settings > Mail. The blocked contacts list is shared with Messages, FaceTime, and Phone. (50775961)
● To enhance security, URLSession no longer sniffs the MIME type when the server sends Content-Type: application/octet-stream. (7820658)
● NSURLRequest.CachePolicy.reloadRevalidatingCacheData and NSURLRequest.CachePolicy.reloadIgnoringLocalAndRemoteCacheData APIs are now available. (49660334)
● Starting with iOS 13 beta 4, the copy attribute of the httpBodyStream property of NSMutableURLRequest is enforced. If the body data is mutated after the property setter has been called, data sent in the HTTP request won’t include that mutation. Invoking the property getter no longer returns an NSMutableData reference, even when the setter was invoked with data of that type. ● As of iOS 13 beta 5, apps built using the iOS 12 SDK or previous SDKs use the legacy behavior. (53427882)
● The CNCopyCurrentNetworkInfo API has changed to address privacy. Please refer to the updated API documentation and headers for more details. (52707167)
● All URLSessionTask instances with a GET HTTP method that contains a body now produce the error NSURLErrorDataLengthExceedsMaximum. (46025234)
Downloading and Installing iOS 13.1 Developer beta
The registered developers can download and try the iOS 13.1 from Apple Developer Center or via OTA(over-the-air) mechanism with the proper configuration profile that can be installed from the Developer Center.