The wait is over now, developer coolstar has released jailbreak toolkit for iOS 11-11.1.2 named as Electra.
Electra comes with the Comex’s Substitute, which is an alternative to Saurik’s Substrate which allows you to install the jailbreak tweaks and themes.
Electra Jailbreak Toolkit iOS 11
Electra is a jailbreak tweak and themes development toolkit designed for developers to test their tweaks and themes on iOS 11-11.1.2.
So let’s see how Electra works? It is semi-tether jailbreak tool which is same as the previous LiberiOS jailbreak with no Cydia and Cydia Substrate.
Electra Jailbreak Toolkit Compatibility
Electra toolkit is compatible with all 64 bit devices running iOS 11, 11.0.1, 11.0.2, 11.0.3, 11.1, 11.1.1 and 11.1.2. Currently Electra does not support iOS 11.2 and 11.2.1 or later.
Electra Supported devices;
- iPhone X, iPhone 8 – 8 Plus, iPhone 7 – 7 Plus, iPhone 6s – 6s Plus, iPhone 6 – 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 1st generation 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad
5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
Download Electra Jailbreak Toolkit
You can download the Electra IPA from here. To install Electra toolkit on your device, you will need to use Cydia Impactor to sideload the Electra.ipa and process to jailbreak your iOS device.
Since, Electra toolkit is not yet fully tested on iPhone or iPad. So, if you are not developer then we recommend you to wait for the iOS 11 Cydia release by Saurik.
But if you want to give a try at your own risk, then here’s a step by step guide to jailbreak with Electra toolkit.
Before you begin, take a look at some information about Electra Toolkit:
- Cydia, DPKG and APT are not included
- GNU CoreUtilities are included
- Dropbear, SCP and an SFTP server are running on ports 22 and 2222
- Tweaks are installed in /bootstrap/Library/SBInject
- Themes are installed in /bootstrap/Library/Themes
- PreferenceLoader is configured to check /bootstrap/Library
- Tweaks that crash SpringBoard will cause the device to respring into Safe Mode
- All binaries must be signed using either jtool or ldid2
- Executables must be signed with the platform-application entitlement
- Binaries and libraries should be installed in /bootstrap/usr/
- An uninstall script is available at /bootstrap/unjailbreak.sh
How to Jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 using Electra Jailbreak Toolkit
Note: Always recommend to Backup your devices before you begin to jailbreak.
Download Electra Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor
Step 1#: Download the Electra jailbreak IPA from here and Cydia Impactor from here. You can go through both Windows or macOS.
Install Electra IPA using Cydia Impactor
Step 2#: After you have downloaded all the required files, connect your devices with the lightning cable on your PC or Laptop.
- Launch Cydia Impactor & will detect your iOS device.
- Simply, Drag the Electra.IPA file onto Cydia Impactor.
- It will prompt to Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Enter it and will install the Electra jailbreak toolkit on your device.
You need to Trust Developer Profile
Step 3#: Once Electra jailbreak IPA is successfully installed, go to Settings and navigate General > Profiles & Device Management. Tap on the Electra app profile and hit Trust and Confirm it.
Step 4#: After you have trusted the application, launch the Electra Jailbreak app from the Home screen, and tap Jailbreak button to start the jailbreak process.
Step 5#: Wait for Jailbreak to Complete and after sometime you will get the message saying jailbreak is successful.
That’s it. Your device is now jailbroken on iOS 11-11.1.2.