Just earlier, Apple released the iOS 11.3 for new iPad 6. Likewise, after a long wait Apple finally releases the iOS 11.3 for iPhone too.
iOS 11.3 is packed with bunch of new features like new Animoji, updated ARKit, Business Chat, Advanced battery management system, Apple Music improvements, Stereo HomePod syncing support, ARKit improvements, messages in iCloud, Calculator app & iMessage Animoji record icon, an updated Health app and more.
Talking about Animoji, the iOS 11.3 will consist four newer ones; a bear, skull, dragon and lion making the total number of Animoji to 16.
Apple is also going to make an update to ARKit on iOS 11.3 where developers will be able to create more impressive AR apps. Updated ARKit 1.5 is going to be more smart that will be able to detect vertical surfaces and measure objects more accurately.
Also iOS 11.3 is going to include Business Chat where users will be able to communicate with businesses right from the Message app.
iOS 11.3 fixes the recent battery issue where users complained about the device slow down and provides more detailed information about the battery health status.
What’s New in iOS 11.3 (Release Note)
- ARKit 1.5 allows developers to place virtual objects on vertical surfaces like walls and doors in addition to horizontal surfaces
- Adds support for detecting and incorporating images like movie posters or artwork into AR experiences
- Supports a higher resolution real-world camera view when using AR experiences
iPhone Battery Health (Beta)
- Displays information on iPhone maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability
- Indicates if the performance management feature that dynamically manages maximum performance to prevent unexpected shutdowns is on and includes the option to disable it
- Recommends if a battery needs to be replaced
- For more information on batteries and performance, visit this website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387
- Four new Animoji available on the iPhone X: lion, bear, dragon and skull.
- When an Apple feature asks to use your personal information, an icon now appears with a link to access detailed information about how your data will be used and protected.
Business Chat (Beta) — US Only
- Communicate with companies to easily ask questions, schedule appointments, and make purchases inside the built-in Messages app on iPhone and iPad
Health Records (Beta) — US Only
- Access health records and view lab results, immunizations, and more in a consolidated timeline in the Health app
- Provides a new experience in video clips, including a Revised Video Clips section featuring exclusive video playlists.
- Find friends with similar tastes through Apple Music’s improved suggestions, which list the genres that the users and mutual friends follow.
- The main titles now always appear first in “For You.”
- Watch the best videos selected by News editors.
- Four options now allow you to sort the customer reviews on the product pages: the most useful, the most favorable, the most critical or the most recent.
- The Updates tab now shows the version of the app and the size of the file.
- Promotes the protection of privacy by notifying usernames and passwords until they have been selected in a web form field.
- Presents warnings in the smart search field when the user interacts with password entry forms or credit card data on unencrypted web pages.
- Automatic filling of usernames and passwords is now available in apps’ web views.
- By default, articles shared via Mail from Safari are now formatted using Reader mode, if the drive is available.
- In Favorites, folders now have icons for the bookmarks they contain.
- Adds two Shuangpin keyboard layouts.
- Supports connected physical keyboards using Turkish F layout.
- Improves Chinese and Japanese keyboards for better accessibility on devices with a 4.7-inch or 5.5-inch screen.
- Allows you to return to the keyboard with a simple touch after the dictation.
- Fixes a problem that could cause the capitalization of the first letter of some words by the automatic correction feature.
- Fixes an issue on the iPad Pro that prevented the iPad Smart Keyboard from working after connecting to a captive Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Fixes a problem that could cause undesirable activation of the digital layout on the Thai keyboard in landscape mode.
- The App Store now supports accessibility options “Bold Text” and “Large Font” for customizing the display.
- Smart Reversal now supports images on the web and in Mail messages.
- Enhances the RTT experience and supports RTT service for T-Mobile.
- Improves app selection on the iPad for VoiceOver users and selection control.
- Corrects a problem with the incorrect description of the Bluetooth status icon and the Bluetooth icon by VoiceOver.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent the end of call button from appearing in the Phone app when using VoiceOver.
- Fixes an issue preventing access to an app’s built-in ranking with VoiceOver.
- Fixes a problem that may cause distorted audio playback when using real-time listening.
Other Enhancements and Fixes
- Supports AML technology, which provides more accurate location data to emergency services during an emergency call (in countries where this technology is available).
- Supports software authentication, which provides developers with a new way to create and activate HomeKit-compatible accessories.
- Podcasts now plays episodes with a single tap, and you can tap Details to learn more about each one.
- Improves search performance for users with long notes in Contacts.
- Improves the performance of Handoff and the universal clipboard when both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent incoming calls from activating the screen.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent or prevent voicemail playback.
- Fixes an issue that prevents opening a web link in Messages.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent users from returning to Mail after previewing an attachment to a message.
- Fixes a problem that could cause the deleted screen to reappear on the locked screen.
- Fixes a problem that can cause the time and notifications to disappear on the locked screen.
- Fixes an issue that prevents parents from using Face ID for approving purchase authorization requests.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent updating of the current weather conditions in Weather.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent the synchronization of contacts with a vehicle directory when connected via Bluetooth.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent an audio app from playing content in a vehicle while it was in the background.
Downloading iOS 11.3
You can download the iOS 11.3 update right from your iPhone via OTA(Over the Air) through Settings >> Software Update >> Download and Install and using iTunes.
How to Install iOS 11.3 on iPhone/iPad
Using OTA Software Update:
Go to Settings >> General >> Software Update and Hit download and Install.
If your device is already jailbroken then the steps mentioned above does not apply. So you need to install directly or manually from iTunes as follows;
How to Install iOS 11.3 on iPhone/iPad Using iTunes
Make sure to backup your device before performing this action
Connect your device to iTunes (Latest Version) > Select your device > And hit restore if you want clean install iOS 11.3 or hit update if you want move from previous iOS version.
It will first download the .ipsw firmware file and it begins with the restore process. But while doing this you need good internet connectivity. If you lose your internet connectivity you cannot resume your download. So it’s better to restore or update your device via iTunes manually.
To install iOS 11.3 on your device like iPhone-iPad, Simply Download the iOS 11.3 IPSW link (firmware file) for your device from our download page. Will update very soon.
After you have downloaded the iOS 11.3 ipsw file, Open iTunes >> Go to Summary of your iPhone >> Hit Shift key and Click on Restore iPhone or Update iPhone.
Note: Restore means clean iOS 11.3 update. Update means just moving from previous iOS version to iOS 11.3 update with no changes in your data.
Now select the downloaded iOS 11.3 .IPSW file.
The restoring process takes a while so don’t panic. After rebooting several times your device will be loaded with the latest iOS 11.3 software version.