Notification plays a very important role which gives you a reminder or something new of any app you have installed on your iPhone or iPad.
But by default, any app you’ve installed it gives a banner style push notification alert on your iPhone’s lockscreen or homescreen and due to which most people miss some of their important notification with the continuous day-day notifications and cannot able to give the extra attention like alert notification style of Calendar and Reminders. Because banner notification appears at the top of the screen and go away automatically.
If you want to give an extra attention on your notification alert then I recommend to change the notification alert style on iPhone in iOS 10 to “Alerts” instead of “Banner”. Because when you get alert in the middle of your lockscreen as well as homescreen then you can give most priority to your notification and there would be less chance to miss your any app alert.
So here’s how you can change the push notification style alert to specific app on your iPhone/iPad running iOS 10, iOS 9 or below and for this you don’t need to jailbreak your device.
How to change Push Notifications Alert Style to Banner or Alert on iPhone in iOS 10 or below
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Notifications and you will see the list of apps on your iPhone that you have installed.
- Select any specific app you want to change push notification style alert.
- Here I am going with my Facebook app.
- Now Just tap on it. You will see many options.
- And in the Alert Style section, you can choose your push notification alert style to “Banners” or “Alerts”
- Simple choose any of the alert style option.
- Along with that you can also completely turn off all notifications, Sounds, Badge App Icon etc. from the preferences.
So to turn off and change push notification style alert of any app you want to, simply follow the above steps.