iOS 13 adds a number of new features to Animoji, including new Memoji feature customization options. Now users can further customize their Memoji by adding to their creations makeup, jewelry, headwear and more. We will share with you in this article how you can use the new customization options of iOS 13 to customize your Memoji and even add AirPods to it.
A great thing about Memoji in iOS 13 is that this feature is brought for the very first time to non-Face ID devices. That means you can now create Memoji on your device and share it with your friends as Stickers if you have an iPhone 8, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or even an iPhone SE. Unfortunately, due to hardware limitations, facial tracking and Animoji / Memoji video are still limited to Face ID devices.
How To Edit Memoji and Add AirPods On Face ID enabled devices
- Open a conversation within the Messages app to customize your Memoji and tap the Animoji icon from the app bar.
- Select the Memoji you want to edit and press the ‘ … ‘ button, then press the ‘ Edit ‘ button.
- You can now edit your Memoji. Just tap the part of the face you want to edit and then select from the options available.
- If you want to add AirPods to the ears of your Memoji, tap ‘ Ears ‘ and scroll down until you see the ‘ Audio ‘ section. Select AirPods from there and press the Done button to save changes.
How To Edit Memoji and Add AirPods On Non-Face ID devices
While Animoji and Memoji were from the outset limited to Face ID enabled devices, Apple added the ability to create and use Memoji on older iPhones and iPads with iOS 13. Touch ID device users can now also create their custom emojis and use them in Messages and other communication apps as stickers. On non-Face ID devices, you can edit your Memoji by following the steps below.
- Start the Messages app and go to any conversation with iMessage.
- Tap the app ‘ Stickers. ‘ Next select the Memoji you want on the stickers page to edit by scrolling down.
- Now press the ‘ … ‘ button and press the ‘ Edit ‘ button.
- Finally, select the part of Memoji that you want to edit and then select from the customization options available.
- Tap ‘ Ears ‘ option to add AirPods to your Memoji and scroll down the whole way. You’ll find the AirPods there. Tap it to add it to the ear of your Memoji and press the ‘ Done ‘ button.
This is it! That’s how you can add AirPods to your Memoji and customize them on your iPhone or iPad.