Here’s a 100% fix when your iMessage or Facetime is not activating or stuck in ‘Waiting for Activation’ error in iOS 11 or later/below on your iPhone/iPad.
It causing an connecting issue and stuck at “Waiting for Activation” error in both iMessage and Facetime in iOS 11, 10, or 9 on your iPhone?
When activating iMessage or Facetime in iOS 11 it shows up waiting for activation whereby it fails to activate.
There have been numerous reports about problem with iMessage activation error and Facetime Activation error in iOS 11 or later or lower. Some users got the message like “Waiting for Activation Error” , “Activation Unsuccessful”, “Could not sign in, please check your network connection”, or “An error occurred during activation”, and others seem to be getting a network error of some kind.
With iMessage to iMessage, you can send a free sms with Wifi connectivity without any carrier charge and is super easy and fast.
Along with that, you might be getting issues on Facetime in iOS 11 while activation on iPhone or iPad. No worries, here’s how to fix for “Waiting for Activation Error” in iMessage and Facetime in iOS 11 on iPhone/iPad which works very well.
How to Activate iMessage and Facetime in iOS 11
While activating iMessage and Facetime waiting for Activation, many users tried some activation error fixes like :
- AIRPLANE MODE CHECK
- SIGN-OFF AND THEN SIGN-IN WITH YOUR APPLE ID
- RESET OR RESTORE
- HARD RESET YOUR DEVICE
- CONTACT CARRIER
- UPDATE iPHONE’S CARRIER SETTINGS
- RESET NETWORK CONNECTION
But all the fixes mentioned above didn’t worked. They got some kind of message like “Activation Unsuccessful” , and can’t send or receive texts with iMessage nor can’t make a call with FaceTime. I think it’s Very frustrating!
Before begin, you need to be patient and don’t be confuse as it is little bit tricky activating iMessage and Facetime in iOS 11 without error. Follow this steps one by one to fix activation error or ‘Waiting for Activation error‘ in iOS 11, 10 or 9.
Make sure to check your device settings
- Your device must be connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you’re using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set correctly.
How to fix “Waiting for Activation error” in iMessage on iPhone
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and tap on Message > iMessage.
- Toggle ON iMessage button to green and tap OK.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password
- It says Waiting for activation and pops an error.
- Tap OK, toggle OFF the switch and again toggle ON the switch.
- Now a pop up message box will appear.
- Now don’t tap on OK. Just CANCEL it.
- Again it pops up a iMessage activation error message. Ignore it by tapping OK.
- Voila ! your iMessage is activated successfully with error fix.
- You can now send iMessage to any other iOS 11 or below devices.
Similarly, those who are stuck in Facetime Activation error in iOS 11, follow the same above method to fix it.
How to fix “Waiting for Activation error” in Facetime in iOS 11
It’s really simple to fix Facetime waiting for Activation error in iOS 11.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime
- Toggle On the FaceTime button to green and then tap OK.
- Enter you Apple ID and Password.
- It will pop-up a notification as in the screenshot below.
- Just CANCEL it.
That’s it. You have successfully activate a FaceTime on your iPhone/iPad running iOS 11 without any error. You can now make a call with FaceTime.
Try this trick couple of times if it does not work at once. I am sure it will definitely work for you.
Share it if you like this post…and let us know your thoughts in the comments section.