Apple has released for developers the third beta version of iOS 12.4. You can go to Settings > General > Software Updates and start downloading if you have a previous 12 beta installed. If you were waiting for beta testing to start on iOS 12.4, go ahead and download the latest version.
With new features that require input from third-party developers, iOS 12.4 is on its way. As such, the company releases betas for developers so that software engineers can start making great software for you.
If you’re a developer that are looking to install iOS 12.4 beta 3, here’s how to install on iOS devices.
Before you start, make sure your iPhone or iPad is backed up. While the beta process is fairly straightforward, you risk problems whenever you make any major changes to your device. And it’s always with your personal data— always! —To be safe rather than sorry. Even if you’re backed up every night, you’re going to want to make sure it’s up to date.
After that, make sure you have an Apple developer account — you won’t be able to download any non-Xcode betas without a paid account.
- On your iOS device using Safari browser, Go to developer.apple.com
- Tap on the “Download New Betas” tab
- Enter you developer account’s username and password & Login
- Go to the iOS 12 beta section and tap the download. This will start downloading to your iPhone the iOS beta software profile.
- The profile of the Beta software will appear on your phone. Tap Install. Your passcode may need to be entered.
- Agree to consent form and press Install once at the top right corner of the screen and once at the bottom.
- Tap Restart to apply the changes to your iPhone.
Once, it’s done, there is a final step remaining. Now all you need to do is:
- Launch Settings from your Home screen, tap on General, & then Software Update
- Tap Download and Install once the update appears
- Enter Passcode
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions
Installing iOS 12 will reboot your iPhone or iPad. There are going to be a few progress bars across the screen. Sit tight, and let it all end.
Once your iPhone or iPad has rebooted, the latest beta will run iOS. However, there is a brief bit of setup that you will need to go through, as the system will have changed enough to complete the update that it will need your login.
Follow us on Apple News app for more contents like this.